Hi, friends. I will be a quarter century old on August 19th, but I usually post on Tuesday and Friday, so this comes a couple days early. Since I’ve never seen one, I have invented a birthday tag with categories that I hope will appeal to my readers. 25 questions for 25 years!
- How long have you been blogging? I started in September 2017–almost one year ago.
- When did your blog start gaining momentum? In February-March 2018. I published my first Christian post in February and a popular blogging advice post in March.
- Have your blog stayed the same or changed? It’s changed quite a bit! My first few posts gave grammar advice, haha.
- What are some of your 2018 stats? (As of this morning) Posts: 71, Comments: 892, Likes: 1,725, Total Words: 34,668, Avg. Words Per Post: 488
- What’s the #1 way to gain readers? Pragmatically…read/like/comment on other posts. Everyone likes an active follower!
- How long have you been a Christian? Technically, all my life, but I have learned a lot and experienced much spiritual growth in the last year. [Thanks to a class called Literary Study of the Bible + finding the Christian community on WordPress + daily Bible reading]
- Do you go to church? Yes. My denomination is United Methodist.
- Do you have a favorite scripture? Yes and no. I suppose Galatians 5:22-23 is my favorite considering that I’ve memorized it without trying, but in general, it is so hard to choose…A beautiful cry of hope through anguish from Psalms? A piece of the most revolutionary story ever told from the Gospels? An articulation of justification by faith aka grace from Paul? Gah, the Bible is a kaleidoscope of artistry.
- Do you have a favorite version of the Bible? The John Wesley Study Bible–along with the scripture in NRSV translation, each page includes thorough notes along with blurbs relating certain verses either to John Wesley’s theology or to “Life Application Topics.” Bibles with explanatory notes are the best.
- What was your favorite book as a child? Every installment of A Series of Unfortunate Events
- What is your favorite book now? In dystopian fiction, 1984 by George Orwell…in Victorian novels, David Copperfield by Charles Dickens…in African-American lit, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston…in American lit, maybe Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (“maybe” because I am currently reading it)…in Christian lit, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis (for now)…etc…
- If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be? C.S. Lewis
- What kind of books do you read? Classics aka old and/or important
- Unpopular bookish opinion? I don’t care much for either of the two most popular genres, YA and Fantasy. (Sorry!)
- Favorite color? Pink, if you couldn’t tell from my website, lol
- Favorite time of the year? Beginning of fall
- Favorite movie(s)? O Brother Where Art Thou & Mean Girls
- Least favorite movie(s)? Billy Madison
- Bands/artists you’re playing a lot lately? Lecrae
- Shows you are currently watching? Jane The Virgin & Orange Is The New Black
- Do you have a college degree? Bachelor of Arts in English
- What’s your workout routine? 2x a week at the gym with a trainer, 1x a week at home
- How long have you been using a wheelchair? 2 years
- What do you want for your birthday? More home workout equipment
- What’s an important lesson you’ve learned in the last year? Meekness is a valuable virtue.
Thanks for reading! Do you share any of my opinions or personality traits?
Leave a Reply